Sunday, March 19, 2017

At last, it's finished!

I have been very lax on keeping up with my blog, but really there hasn't been much to post on here. I have also been battling a sinus infection, so I hope you forgive me, dear listeners.

I now have something to show you!

   
Heroes of Yarnia by Tania Ritcher





I finished my double knit scarf, that I have previously showed you all in the last blog post. I had so much fun knitting this scarf, but I am so glad it is over.

When the final clue released, I still wasn't finished with Clue 3 (out of 8). I was very behind. Tania had stated that we had to be finished by March 19th, in order to be counted in for prizes. That meant I had little over a month to do more than half of the scarf. I cannot believe I actually did it!

When I had only 2 weeks left, I had figured out I only needed to knit 20 rows a day, and kind of got discouraged. Then I had two days in a row that I knit more than 40 rows. I then only had to knit 15 rows a day. I saw the end it sight!

I am very pleased with how it came out, but more than that- I am pleased with my ability to tackle something new and totally out of my comfort zone. I was intimidated by double knitting for quite a while, but I am so glad I got over that irrational fear, and sat down and did it. It totally paid off, and now am totally addicted to double knitting.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I love double knitting, and I bow to your accomplishment. So so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete