Monday, February 27, 2017

The Adventure of Double Knitting

I know it has been about a week since my last post, so I am going to write about what I have been working on during the small break: Double Knitting.

On Christmas 2016, I bought a pattern for a MKal (Mystery-Knitalong) over on Ravelry for a Double Knit scarf. Pattern: Yarn Quest 2017: Heroes of Yarnia by Tania Richter. 

This MKal is an 8 week KAL. You get clues every Friday, but there is another month to finish your scarf. It started on January 1, 2017. All the clues are now out, and I am just trying to finish my scarf. Here is my scarf:

Clue 1:

Clue 2:



Clue 3:





Clue 4:
 



As you can see, I am working on Clue 5 now. I also used a chart that another raveler charted out for the Yarnia logo, as a transition chart for the two halves of my scarf.

The yarn I am using is Knitpicks Stroll Brights in "Pickle Juice" and Premier Yarns Serenity Sock in "Black".

This scarf is one of 3 scarves in the 2017 Yarn Quest, and there will be a 2018 version next year. I bought the whole ebook of every pattern for the Yarn Quest over on Ravelry for $35, which is a huge discount!


In fact, there is another MKAL starting on March 3, for the Yarnia Blanket. I already have my yarn chosen. If you would like to check that you, you can find it on ravelry here.

2 comments:

  1. I've got a double knit scarf I need to get back to knitting. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!

    I bought the pattern, but couldn't get into a comfort zone of doing the actual double knitting. I am so impressed with everyone who could, you included!

    ReplyDelete