Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Belated is better than never, right?

It is a tradition, that every year for Christmas I knit my mom a pair of socks. This past Christmas, however, I did not. So, it is now February 2017. I started a pair of socks for her on the 9th. I wanted to get them done by her birthday, which was now 2 days ago. I have just finished the first sock, so therefore, didn't get them finished in time for her birthday.

My original basic sock recipe
Opal Talisman
"9273 Gesundheit"
Although, she knows that she is getting these socks, so I can knit on them around her which is making these socks go a lot faster, as you could imagine. I started the second sock today, while I have been laying on the couch not feeling that well.

All I need now is to go back onto knitting these socks, and hopefully have a pair for her before it gets too warm to wear socks. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty soon you'll be giving skeins of yarn instead of finished socks with a promise of "soon".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, she knew that she wasn't going to be getting socks for Christmas... So there wasn't a rush to get them done, at all.

      Delete